OpenStage Theatre & Company has garnered numerous prestigious awards since its inception in 1973. Awards include:
- 2022 Henry Award for Outstanding Costume Design – Tier II given to Rebecca Spafford for her work on OpenStage's production of "Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express"
- 2022 Living Her Legacy: Art Installation in Old Town dedicated to Founder Denise Freestone
- 2021 True West Award: Fighting for Fifty, Fighting for Community Campaign
- 2021 Biz West Notable Woman in Nonprofits to Producing Artistic Director Sysney Parks Smith
- 2017 Henry Awards for Outstanding Season, Outsanding Director, Outstanding Actress, and Outstanding Actor
- 2014 Henry Award for Best Costume design to Rebecca Spafford for her work on OpenStage's production of "Dangerous Liaisons"
- 2013 Henry Award for Best Actor given to Jonathan Farwell as Salieri in OpenStage's production of "Amadeus"
- 2012 Colorado Woman of Influence Award for Denise Burson Freestone
- 2011 Henry Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre
- 2010 Colorado Business Report's Woman of Distinction Award for Co-Founder and Artistic Producer Denise Burson Freestone
- 2007 Arlene Nededog Multicultural Award
- 2003 Arts Alive Fort Collins Tree of Peace Medallion for the contribution to the growth of the arts in Fort Collins
- 2001: membership to the Theatre Communications Group for its commitment to professionalism
- 2000 Colorado Community Theatre Coalition's Distinguished Merit Award for OpenStage's outstanding contributions to theatre in Colorado. I
- 1997 Governor's Award for Excellence in the Arts
"OpenStage Theatre & Company - the trailblazer, the stalwart, the adventurer, almost all things to all theater people in Northern Colorado." - The Loveland Reporter Herald
"OpenStage ... can easily take its place among Colorado's best companies." - The Denver Post
"Without OpenStage a young wayward teen would not have found his first sense of self-worth. I am forever indebted for that." - OST Alumni, Gordon A. Jones
"OpenStage Theatre plays a key role in nurturing the arts community in Fort Collins and, indeed, in all of Northern Colorado.... I can think of no other organizations that deserves support and recognition more than OST." - State Representative, Randy Fischer
"There can be no doubt of OpenStage's ongoing critical and popular acclaim. The City of Fort Collins is indeed fortunate to have such a capable and prolific performing arts producer in residence. Over the years the staff, board members and artists of OpenStage Theatre have contributed extensively to the cultural environment that is so much a part of the quality of life we enjoy in Fort Collins." - Former City of Fort Collins Mayor Ann Azari
"OpenStage sparked something in Fort Collins. It's made this community a better place to be." - Charlie Ferrie, OpenStage Company Artist